Canadian Institute of Mining Annual Virtual Convention CIM 2021
PTAG’s, Feroz Ashraf has been invited by Canadian Institute of Mining to present at their upcoming May 3rd virtual annual convention CIM 2021 on two topics: “The Importance of Front-End Planning and Leveraging Industry Best Practices to Minimize Project Risk” and “How to Plan and Execute Capital Projects in Volatile and Uncertain Times.”
Feroz will walk you through a direct and to-the-point presentation providing practical step-by-step approaches and validated examples. You will get a chance to engage with Feroz in the post-presentation Q&A session and to network with him at this virtual convention. This four-day event will have many thought leaders and keynote speakers presenting CIM community’s best content.
The presentations will focus on below key areas:
- Challenges faced by the Mining Industry during Covid-19 and in general.
- Top reasons why projects go off-track.
- Front-End Planning – what, why, how? and Leveraging Industry Best Practices.
- Rigorous staged-gate process to minimize project risks.
- Learn how and when to use Construction Industry Institute (CII) Front-End Planning tools, such as the Project Definition Rating Index (PDRI) to determine the “state of readiness” and “maturity level” of your project to assure better outcomes.
- Review how to assess the Project Complexity Index and Maturity Levels– and to adapt the Execution Plan accordingly to optimize the contracting strategy and minimize execution risk.
- Determine why Initial Project Set-up and a focussed List of Deliverables are important for team alignment.
- Review why consistent Project Controls and Risk Analysis methodology is critical.
- Learn how a simplified, interactive Project Management & Project Controls Handbook – is a key to Project Management and Delivery Success.
- Look into Integrated Project Management Structure and Systems – I2PD for enhanced risk-sharing and collaboration.
- Understand why an Integrated Project Execution Plan (IPEP) is a roadmap to success.
Find out more about the event here: The Experience (cim.org)