PTAG’s, Feroz Ashraf has been invited by Canadian Institute of Mining to present at their upcoming May 3rd virtual annual convention CIM 2021 on two topics: “The Importance of Front-End Planning and Leveraging Industry Best Practices to Minimize Project Risk” and “How to Plan and Execute Capital Projects in Volatile and Uncertain Times.”
Feroz will walk you through a direct and to-the-point presentation providing practical step-by-step approaches and validated examples. You will get a chance to engage with Feroz in the post-presentation Q&A session and to network with him at this virtual convention. This four-day event will have many thought leaders and keynote speakers presenting CIM community’s best content.
The presentations will focus on below key areas:
- Challenges faced by the Mining Industry during Covid-19 and in general.
- Top reasons why projects go off-track.
- Front-End Planning – what, why, how? and Leveraging Industry Best Practices.
- Rigorous staged-gate process to minimize project risks.
- Learn how and when to use Construction Industry Institute (CII) Front-End Planning tools, such as the Project Definition Rating Index (PDRI) to determine the “state of readiness” and “maturity level” of your project to assure better outcomes.
- Review how to assess the Project Complexity Index and Maturity Levels– and to adapt the Execution Plan accordingly to optimize the contracting strategy and minimize execution risk.
- Determine why Initial Project Set-up and a focussed List of Deliverables are important for team alignment.
- Review why consistent Project Controls and Risk Analysis methodology is critical.
- Learn how a simplified, interactive Project Management & Project Controls Handbook – is a key to Project Management and Delivery Success.
- Look into Integrated Project Management Structure and Systems – I2PD for enhanced risk-sharing and collaboration.
- Understand why an Integrated Project Execution Plan (IPEP) is a roadmap to success.
Find out more about the event here: The Experience (cim.org)