Research has shown that projects that don’t use industry best practices in governance and execution methodologies under-perform by more than 33% compared to industry peers
We perform systematic assessments to help our clients achieve industry leading project governance and execution standards. Our assessments allow clients to understand the current state of their capital project delivery programs, benchmarked against industry peers and best practices. Implementing best practices at the start of a project leads to significant improvement in budget, schedule and business objectives.
Implementing effective governance in advance of project execution reduces project risk and execution delays.
Keeping up with changes and revolutionary upheavals is challenging for most companies, especially during project execution.
Relying on outdated and fixed processes places project performance behind industry norms. Making material changes to major capital projects while they are in full execution can be like changing a tire on a Formula One race car at top speed. Our proven approach ensures that opportunities for improvement are highlighted as soon as they are discovered and are implemented quickly with minimal disruption.
Working with our client’s business and project management teams, we implement improvements through services that include:
- Project Performance Reviews
- Pre-execution Readiness Reviews
- Cold-Eye Reviews of Strategy, Contractual and Construction challenges
- Claims/Change Management Reviews
- Project Controls Reviews
- Risk Management Reviews
- Safety Management Reviews
- Quality Management Reviews
- Documentation Management Reviews
Reviewing your project at multiple points in the execution phase enables you to discover problems before they escalate.
Successful capital project investment depends on successful project commissioning and startup.
There are 16 critical success factors that must be coordinated to ensure successful commissioning and start up. At a high level, these factors focus on leadership, team alignment, integration, collaboration, capability, success criteria, interface management, recognition of value drivers, planning, funding for planning, CSU systems-focus, support tools, and information.
Our services include assessments and recommendations of the following critical success factors:
- Critical Interfaces on Brownfield Projects
- Adequate Funding for CSU
- Alignment among Owner PM’s, Operations, CSU, Engineering, and Construction
- CSU Leadership Continuity
- System Milestone Acceptance Criteria and Deliverables
- CSU Systems Engineering during FEED
- Recognition of CSU Sequence Drivers
- Detailed CSU Execution Plan
- Systems-focus in Detailed Design
- CSU Check-sheets, Procedures, and Tools
- CSU Team Capability
- Integrated Construction/CSU Schedule
- Accurate As-built Information
- Transition to Systems-based Management
- Collaborative Approach to Construction-CSU Turnover
Assessing your CSU program leads to improved capital project outcomes.